Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thirty-Nine

I have a question about the bicycles.  I know I could just e-mail Patrick but I figure I'll post it on the blog in case other people are experiencing the same thing.  I find that my legs are getting really tired after 15 sec or so, but I can't really feel it in my abs.  I realize this is the wrong target area, but I can't seem to find a body position that works.  Anybody else have this problem?

Also, I hate baggy clothes, and now the majority of stuff I own seems baggy.  As I'm already wearing the smallest size men's pants that most companies make, I think I might have to try boy's sizes.

2 comments:

  1. Are you keeping your back off of the chair? Also try flexing your abs while you're doing them and mentally focus on the lower abs.

    Baggy cloths are annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not trying to hit the "abs" per se, we're working on the deeper muscles of the psoas. The pain you feel in your legs will decrease as your core gets stronger. Your weak iliopsoas is a little on the weak side now, meaning you're recruiting the muscles of the legs to help out. And the pain from the large quad muscles will override the smaller pain from the core. So what you're reporting is totally normal.

    ReplyDelete