Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 18 - PCP to the rescue!

Team Cookie Monster Unite!  JFD!

Until today, I've always done the workouts in the morning, but I decided to sleep in today.  No noticeable difference....at first.  But the day got progressively worse, mostly with infighting at work.  So I went home to read.  Still felt off.  Then came back to work...worse.  Then I got around to doing the exercises.  Jump ropes were still bad today, but after reading Sara's JFD post (which was incredibly inspirational for me), I gritted it out.  I decided to push myself with the exercises and rest even less than the allotted time between exercises.  It hurt,  and it simultaneously felt really, really good.  But best of all, my mood and outlook were improved beyond measure.  So if any of you are having a crap day, maybe it will help to push yourself more than usual sometimes.

5 comments:

  1. This is the magic cocktail of psychological and physiological satisfaction. We'll talk more about this later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the endorphin rush. I never get it, but it always feels good to have the workout over. Hooray for turning your day around by taking CONTROL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could not agree more - it can blast the blue away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same with me, If I pump myself up, I'm pumped up all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... maybe I should re-vist the exercise schedule. I had a bit of a crap weekend as far as attitude goes, but I wasn't doing the routine until the afternoon or evening...

    ReplyDelete