Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 28 - Sick!!! (Ba-Bum-Bummmmm)

Yup, it finally happened.  I realize most of you have already been through it, and it seems like it doesn't last too long.  I got home last night and I could feel it coming on, but I did the workout anyway.  The jump ropes were the best in weeks, I just felt relaxed and calm the whole time and barely tripped.  Because I knew I was getting sick, I thought about just stopping there, but now I feel like I can't miss a work out.  As if I would be super lazy and a bad person if I skip.  So I did it, and it felt great like always (double katana's??? You are unkind).  Then slept like terrible, sore throat, hurt to swallow, congestion...you know, the standard fall cold.  So it's kinda nice that we just jump rope today.  I plan on trying to get a lot of sleep, but work still calls, as I'm right in the middle of something and don't feel comfortable asking others to do it for me.

In other news, I was able to sit in full-lotus for twenty minutes last night.  Before PCP, I couldn't even get in full-lotus.  So I think my goal is forty uninterrupted minutes in full-lotus posture at the end of PCP.  Most definitely achievable.

5 comments:

  1. Very impressed with your lotus and ability to push through when you're not feeling great. Hope your throat stops hurting... that's an awful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thing in week one, it'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless you've got the flu or something I feel like jumping rope actually helps with the sickness. Plus your in health mode so it shouldn't last too long. Garlic, garlic, and more garlic.

    Nice job on the full-lotus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, the PCP cold goes as fast as it comes. It's all about the food.

    Wide angle forward bend to get that lotus TIGHT.

    ReplyDelete