Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 70 - Super Bonus Workout

New pictures up, I definitely feel stronger.  We got over a foot of snow the past couple days, and the city hasn't gotten to the sidewalks I usually take to work, so I trudged through the foot high snow, uphill, for a mile.  It felt awesome, and it's absolutely gorgeous outside right now.

A few night ago, I made my evening snack into a smoothie.  It tasted pretty good, but I noticed I drank the whole thing way faster than if I would have eaten the pieces individually, and I felt kinda sick afterward.  I think there's something to be said for slowly chewing your food.

I've also been really curious about animal proteins.  I know we've evolved to eat them, and that our bodies can utilize them more efficiently than plant based proteins.  But is it still possible to achieve the strong, lean looks we've been getting without them?  I know it's probably not feasible in the 90 days of PCP, but I'm asking more long term.  Just been especially bothered by where my food comes from lately.

5 comments:

  1. Great pics Brian - your back looks ripped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work man, you're doing great.

    I don't think you could build muscle without the animal proteins, but maintaining what you've got with veggies is a different story. Chicken is what I went for mostly. I worked on a chicken farm and those things are idiots. I felt more of a connection to the veggies then I did chickens, so that's how I wrapped my mind around it. I don't eat anything that is a wild animal, I don't like the idea of eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's possible to maintain a lot of muscle on no meat, but you have to be a bit clever about it. We can talk about it down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude you are totally backtastic, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete