Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 51

Time is flying, jeez.  I've been waking up and doing the jumping in the morning all week, it's kind of nice to have it out of the way and feel productive right when you wake up.  And you get the added bonus of jump starting the ol' metabolism, so sweet.

And now, indulgence description time.  I actually wasn't craving anything in particular, and nothing sounded especially necessary, but I haven't gone out to dinner with my wife since PCP started and I have definitely missed that.  So I went with steak fajitas:

I chose steak as I haven't eaten any beef since PCP started.  And I chose fajitas as they still have tomatoes, onions, and a few colors of peppers added.  I avoided the chips and salsa, and only had one bite of beans and rice.  Those things were just kind of salty and bland tasting actually.  As for the actual fajitas, well, the vegetables were way overcooked and had almost no flavor.  Seriously, I eat this stuff raw several times a week and know that peppers, onions, and tomatoes are packed with flavor...where was it?  Less nutritious and less tasty?  Lame!  Overall, the meal was just kind of blah, I could make it better at home, both in taste, nutrition, and value.  Although it was nice to go out with my wife and enjoy time together.

But the story is not over.  My last indulgence was some ice cream, which made my stomach feel kind of bloated and caused me to burp for maybe an hour after I ate it.  Well, it turns out that must be my body's reaction to overcooked, overseasoned food, as the exact same reaction happened this time.  I just felt really bloated and then burped constantly for a couple of hours this time.  And then after I jump roped this morning, I noticed in the mirror that my abs weren't as defined as yesterday morning.  Damn indulgence.  I'm ready for this day of PCP food, that stuff just didn't work for me.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds kind of disappointing all around! I think there will be very few restaurants that can "measure up" in the future. Today you should "indulge" in 8-minute abs to undo the damage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've experienced the same thing with the veggies, raw carrots and raw peppers are amazing. Hope you enjoyed the beef!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's pretty easy to avoid restaurants when you find what they serve completely unappetizing. Good progress on the palate front Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the indulgence was again, unsatisfying. But it seems like this PCP nutrition plan is going to stick with you long after the actual PCP plan is done.

    ReplyDelete