Friday, September 17, 2010

Day Three - Mind Games

Does anyone understand their mind?  Day three and I found it so much harder to get up and going.  My mind was telling me to sleep another twenty minutes, but I knew if I got up and did the exercises I would feel energized and better throughout the day.  So I did them, and I feel energized and better.  But why did I have to fight myself?  Why is taking short term goals so much easier than long term goals, when in the end the long term goals are the ones that makes our lives easier?  Anywho, jumping rope was good, my legs are already getting used to the routine, felt easier than the last couple of days.  Also, push-ups felt much easier than the last couple of days.  Ab workout felt harder (technically the reps and time was the same, though).  It will be interesting to see how different exercises change on a daily/weekly/monthly basis throughout the program.  Maybe we'll all be so much better in touch with our bodies that we can even predict when it will happen.  Well, looks like everyone is making this work, we got a good team, keep it up!

6 comments:

  1. I was having the exact same thoughts this am. I went into this project thinking - it's only 90 days! I feel like years go by in an instant, but these 90 days will seem like the longest of my life. My new thought - want to slow down time? Do the PCP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for some reason thought the abs were harder on Day 3...perhaps it was because they were so sore from the days before. Good luck on the PCP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the PCP! The changes in exercises have been exciting and challenging -- you're in for good times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is we are dealing with the mind of a caveman. Short term sacrifice for long term gain is just something we are poorly wired for. But repeated experience with the short sighted mind will teach you all its tricks and you can just smile as it rambles on, and do your workout anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The exercises have so many small changes--slightly different ones for the same muscle group, different order, etc, that I have no idea what's going to be hard on a given day. The variety really keeps me sharp, though. Hope it'll work that way for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly have the mind of a caveman.

    ReplyDelete