Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life choices

Another day of PCP.   It's funny, I don't really think of this as a count down anymore, as I know I will continue on with most of these habits after day 90.  Also, I don't think I will have quite reached peak condition for my body after day 90, although I know I'm close.

One of the big reasons I chose this project was because my mental state was really inconsistent.  I thought a major part of it had to do with the work environment I was in, but I also knew I wasn't in great shape and I  definitely wasn't eating well.  I needed to tease out whether it was truly the work or if it was just a body/mind issue.  So I thought if I put in a serious effort to make these changes I would see a vast mental improvement.  Unfortunately, while my body was getting better, I wasn't improving mentally.  So this week I made some major changes at work.  I'll blog more about it this week when everything is finalized, but needless to say a major burden has been lifted and all the mental goodness that comes along with a well-tuned body is finally coming through.  I realize this is kinda vague, so like I said, more details to come.

4 comments:

  1. What most people don't realize is that the nutrition-body component is your ground level most basic wellness need. After that's under control, you finally have the energy and vision to make higher order changes in your career and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy that you feel a major burden has been lifted. Not easy carrying excess baggage for too long,man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an awesome thing to find Brian - I'm excited to know what the changes have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading more about this!!

    ReplyDelete