Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fin

Boom! Obligatory weight loss big pants shot.

Well, I guess this is my final post.  I was really trying to think of something to tie it all together, like a list of things I've learned or something similar, but I have more of a collection of feelings and experiences now rather than a coherent summary statements.  I could say a lot of things, but they would probably only make sense to people that have gone through it.  So I guess I am telling anyone who is reading this and hasn't tried the PCP to do it.  It will change you for the better.

I did learn a lot of things, but mostly about myself.  Some of the most obvious things I learned that would be applicable to everyone include: Losing weight is easy.  Getting ripped is hard.  Diet is the most important lifestyle change you can make.  More important than you can even imagine until you do it.  And it's actually relatively easy, you just gotta stick to it.  Having a support group like Team Cookie Monster helps.  I went on a sugar binge yesterday (a baked a bunch of vegan desserts this weekend in anticipation), got a lousy high from it, felt sick, and couldn't wait to get back to my balanced diet the next day.  When you eat balanced, eating out of that balance makes you feel like crap, and you just want to get right back in that balanced state.  I also spent a lot of time really thinking about what I eat, what I put into my body, how it makes me feel, how it impacts those around me, how it impacts the world at large.  These are all very important points for everyone to think about for themselves, but it's so easy to overlook when you can get so much calorie dense food for so cheap in our society and not have to worry or think about where it comes from.  Really, if we have the need to worship something, it should be the food we eat.  It really is that important.

And to Team Cookie Monster, we did it.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's support as well reading about everyone's successes and lessons learned.

I leave you with me baking, mostly because I like the juxtaposition of the Arm&Hammer box next to my guns.

7 comments:

  1. Same with me, I had a mince pie yesterday and liked it but I couldn't wait to get back to clean eating.

    It was great working and learning with you, best of luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian, way to go! You still look like the Greek God only now you're the totally ripped Greek GOd! Glad you've taken the lessons with you... and steer clear of the sugar binges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations man. That feeling of NEEDING the balanced diet in order to feel normal is the best result you can get. Much of the world NEEDS the junk food to feel normal, and the death spiral gets going in no time. You are now on a life spiral my man! Good work and COMPLETE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian - it was great working and discovering with you. You had some fantastic 'ripped' results, so wear them proudly and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Brian you really went for it and it shoes. I have enjoyed going through this with you and wish you all the best from here on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great arm and hammer pic! We did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post. You look great and have been an awesome teammate!

    ReplyDelete